Monday, June 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


This is our first week of summer vacation, & we're all trying to adjust. I'm not sure I was quite prepared for the many areas of life this would effect. It's not just me staying home with the kids... it's changing the schedule by which I clean my house, the way I plan my menu's, do the grocery shopping, workout, eat... everything is all different.

Here's the menu for this week. Items with a * next to them are sneaky dishes that are hiding extra veggies.

MONDAY - Brinner (Breakfast for Dinner) - spinach/cheese omelets, whole wheat toast,* fruit smoothies

TUESDAY - California Chicken Salad, Rolls

WEDNESDAY - *Taco's, corn, salad

THURSDAY - Leftovers

FRIDAY - Pigs in a Blanket, *Mac & Cheese, broccoli

SATURDAY - Leftovers, COTF (Clean Out the Fridge - Everything must go... either into hungry bellies, or into the trash if it is questionable... or cranky...)

BREAKFASTS FOR WEEK - Yogurt, fruit, mini blueberry muffins
LUNCHES FOR WEEK - Leftovers from dinner or ham & cheese sandwiches, crackers, veggies/fruit.

So there you have it. I don't really plan three completely novel meals for every day. Since the Wild Thing is still small, I still have the luxury of leftovers. And, I really do admire those women who plan & prepare all those meals every day. I just don't have the stamina for that... I'll have to work up to it, I guess. Baby steps, people!

For more Menu Plan Monday posts, check out I'm An Organizing Junkie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hamburger stew. have you forgotten that awesome stuff?
Here is my menu plan for the week.
h.stew
baked chicken cutlets with olive oil salt and pepper
spaghetti
fishsticks for jen on thurs.