First thing tomorrow morning I will be washing and blocking it. Here are the project specs:
- Pattern: Trinity Log Cabin Triangle from Indigo Muse Knits
- Needles: Size 11 Straights
- Yarn: TLC Baby Amore in light blue, rose, orchid, yellow and white
- Knitted For: I can't say. It's a gift for friends who might stumble across this post.
- Interesting Facts: I just spent the better part of 2 hours weaving in 38 ends because I decided to leave that part until the end; this blanket has approximately 3,820 stitches in it; every one of those was a knit stitch; I am now entirely sick of knit stitches.
I can't wait to gift this knit. Now I'm planning to take a small break from baby knits, and then I'll need to jump right back in to start another knit for another baby. No, silly. It's not my baby. But it will be my little niece or nephew! Matt's brother & his wife are expecting their first baby in December. My MIL, Marci (the mommy-to-be) and I are all knitters, so this kid is probably going to have a complete knitted wardrobe be July!
I went to the bank the other day. You might be wondering why this is noteworthy. It was a bank I've never been to before. Well, I've used the ATM, but this time I had to actually talk to a person. So, I was a little surprised when I pulled up and saw this instead of a window:
I have no idea why I was a bit taken aback, because I know this is the current trend in bank teller safety. But for some reason, though, I felt like I was in an episode of the original Dr. Who. Weird.
And in other news, meal times at our house are such eventful times... the boys never cease to amaze and amuse me. Sometimes Tyson is more than happy to ham it up for the camera, making silly faces or goofing with his food. Tonight I got the old, "Not now, mom. I'm trying to eat" brush-off:
Riley was, as always, in need of a complete hose down after he finished eating his pizza. Did I mention that he loves pizza? Okay, I should clarify: he loves fast food pizza. He only likes my wholesome, veggie-packed (sweet potato crust, carrot puree-infused sauce, fresh veggie-topped), whole grain, preservative/sugar free, low fat version of pizza, despite the fact that it is really and truly tasty. Seriously. Stop wrinkling your nose like that. I'm a super picky eater with the pallet of a four year old, and I love it! I'm afraid he has inherited my preference for processed junk food. Nevertheless, he is adorable:
Have a Happy Week!!!