Friday, May 8, 2009

Space. The Final Frontier...

Yep. I saw this movie tonight.

And holy cow, it was quitepossiblythebestmovie. Ever!

Seriously, the story was excellent; it had action; I laughed, I cried; and it answered a few questions I had about the characters & their relationships.

The cast was excellent, and really captured the essence of the original. The mannerisms and catch phrases were all there.

I highly recommend this movie to anyone who even caught a glimpse of the old Star Trek. And honestly, even if you spent the better portion of the sixties through the nineties with your head in a bucket, this movie could really stand on its own two feet. If you like action/scifi, you have got to see this movie.

I might just go back & see it again. Tyson didn't go with us tonight, and I know he'll love it. He'll probably come out of the theater telling me that when he grows up he wants to be a StarFleet captain... but heck, when I walked out of the theater tonight I said that when I grow up, I want to be a Star Fleet captain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband dragged me to see it, and I would agree that it was pretty good. I am totally not into Star Trek (I regularly confuse it with Star Wars) but I recognized the characters and catchphrases, and the storyline definitely held my interest.