Don't get too excited. It's just a meme. I've received this one a few times, but have never taken time to actually write it. This was harder than I expected. Here we go:
100 Random Things About Me:
1. I used to have six pairs of Chuck Taylor sneakers.
2. I gave them to Goodwill when I graduated from undergrad because I thought I was too “grown up” for them.
3. Ten years later, I still regret getting rid of them.
4. I have a significant anxiety problem.
5. I am afraid of almost everything that is not in my normal routine.
6. People often mistake my extreme shyness for being snobbish or uninterested.
7. In fact, I am usually very interested in talking to other people; I'm just afraid to do so.
8. I do not drink alcohol. Ever.
9. I often believe that people do not really like me and are just being nice.
10. I talk to myself.
10. I pray all the time.
11. I have a terrible memory.
12. I am convinced my bad memory is from having babies.
13. I have two little sisters.
14. I have a cousin who is only 10 months older than me.
15. I call that cousin my big sister, even though she is quite a small person.
16. I do not easily trust people.
17. I love chocolate, peanut butter and spaghetti (but not all together).
18. I only wash my jeans when they start falling off me because they are so stretched out.
19. I make sure my family eats dinner together every night.
20. I cook from scratch as often as possible.
21. I make all of my baby's food from scratch.
22. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen.
23. Although I was raised in a somewhat religious family, my road to Christ was a long and tough one.
24. I was not baptized until I was 24 years old.
25. I annoy my husband by singing small snippets of irritating songs over & over & over without realizing that I'm doing it.
26. I hate to talk on the phone because it inflames my anxiety.
27. I was robbed at gunpoint when I was 19 years old.
28. That event totally messed me up for about 6 years.
29. I am still afraid to go out after dark.
30. I am a behaviorist and am sometimes not popular with other music therapists.
31. I do not like dogs, even though we have two of them.
32. We have the two dumbest, most irritating dogs on the planet.
33. Mostly they irritate me because they shed hair everywhere & always seem to be underfoot.
34. I secretly love our dogs and will be very sad when they are gone.
35. I am becoming desperate to lose the weight I gained during my two pregnancies.
36. I love Pepsi, which is one of the reasons the baby weight is still hanging on.
37. There is only one person in my life who has ever given me a knick name, and I used that knick name in the title of my blog.
38. I lack self discipline.
39. I am a conservative, but not a republican.
40. In my family, deer season is a two week holiday
42. I love to freeze my ass off while sitting in a tree with my rifle in the middle of nowhere on the off chance that a deer will walk by.
43. I have two rifles that my Dad completely refurbished and customized especially for me.
44. I am very close to my Dad.
45. I am sad to know that my big sister will never live in the same state as me.
46. I do not like to be stuck in traffic on a bridge.
47. I drive across a bridge on my way to work every day.
48. I “rewrite” the ends of sad movies by stopping them before things get sad and pretending that the ending is a happy one.
49. This annoys my husband.
50. I fear failure.
51. I fear success.
52. I love the fall and the spring because temperatures are mild and the weather is unpredictable.
53. I am looking forward to being completely off work and doing the “stay at home” thing with my boys this summer.
54. I am secretly afraid that I will dislike or fail at the “stay at home” thing.
55. I do not drink coffee (blech), and only drink hot tea when I am sick.
56. I am consistently surprised when people compliment me on my singing voice.
57. I feel uncomfortable when people compliment me on my singing voice.
58. I did not choose or create my singing voice; God did.
59. I have been with the same man for 15.5 years.
60. I met my husband while we both worked at Six Flags.
61. I love to laugh.
62. I am not as embarrassed about my ugly stretch marks as you might think; I believe they are a small price to pay for such beautiful children.
63. I am utterly overwhelmed by the blessings God has placed in my life.
64. I do not think I am an attractive, pretty or cute person.
65. The best thing I have done just for me was to get braces and fix my teeth.
66. I had braces for over three years, and still forget that I don't have to be embarrassed about my smile anymore.
67. I wear retainers 24/7, unless I'm eating or brushing my teeth.
68. I enjoy a good political or current event debate with someone who is respectful of my views.
69. My next door neighbors are liberals and atheists; we have very nice debates.
70. I listen to audiobooks or conservative talk radio when I'm in my car.
71. I often feel inferior to other people.
72. I have a tattoo of the Hand of God on my left forearm.
73. I was 32 years old and visiting my big sister in Maryland when I got that tattoo.
74. I got tattoo'd for me – It's a symbol of my surrender to God's Will for my life.
75. I sometimes fail to follow where God is trying to lead me.
76. My life is much, much easier when I just go where I am lead.
77. I love cookies and hate vegetables.
78. I used to race mustangs in autocross.
79. The farthest from home I have ever been is to Vancouver, British Columbia.
80. I love inspiring, meaningful songs.
81. I feel guilty whenever I spend time doing anything I enjoy.
82. Later, I will feel guilty for taking time to write this.
83. I feel guilty when I go to the gym, even though I know that this will keep me healthy so I can spend many happy years with my family.
84. I taught both of my children to use sign language long before they could speak.
85. I can speak some Spanish, but only what I learned in 8th grade.
86. My 8th grade Spanish teacher would be surprised to discover that I remember anything from her class, since I failed 8th grade Spanish.
87. I love to knit, and get cranky when I don't get a little knitting time each day.
88. I am a music therapist.
89. I am an applied behavior analyst.
90. I like the music therapy part a lot better.
91. My favorite color is purple.
92. I am easily embarrassed.
93. I have been called a prude, but I am not bothered by this.
94. I am freakishly talented at identifying people's voices after hearing them only a few times, but am terrible at remembering people's names, even after hearing them several times.
95. I think I might be a good wife and mother.
96. I never think my house is clean enough.
97. I love to read mysteries and political/cultural books.
98. I have a certified, autographed copy of “The Christmas Sweater” by Glenn Beck.
99. I function best on 8.5 hours of sleep, but never get that much.
100. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my behavior, but not when it comes to the behavior of other people.