Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm Working On It...

The boys are still sick. We took the boys to the doctor today. Riley is better, though he has an ear infection. Tyson's fever is still hanging on, and I can tell he's feeling awful. It's 9:30pm right now, and he has been in bed since 4:00pm. He completely missed dinner. I feel bad for him. He has an unusually high tolerance for pain, and we know he's feeling bad with a capital B when he skips dinner and takes to his bed. He's staying home from school again tomorrow. Hopefully he's going to be feeling better tomorrow... and will be able to go back to school on Wed.

I'm feeling better, though not completely back to normal. I still haven't got my appetite back yet. It's frustrating, because I haven't eaten very much for the last 8 days, and yet I have only lost about a pound. Illness sucks, but in an effort to look at the bright side, I usually try to enjoy the weight loss that inevitably comes with it. This time, there's no weight loss, so there's no bright side. Just me, not feeling great, trying to get back into the swing of life...

In the mean time, I have been doing some knitting. And I made a minor improvement to our bathroom upstairs. I'll show pictures later this week when I get a chance to dump them off the camera.

For now, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sure sounds like you are getting a real taste of the other side of motherhood. Sorry that you and the whole family have been so sick. Maybe you should move to Arizona where the weather is better! It is hard to take care of everyone plus the house plus work duties when you yourself are sick. I have had plenty of experience at that and would not wish it on anyone! Hope you all get well soon. Love, Me