Saturday, December 8, 2007

I am so excited for Chirstmas this year! We've been singing Christmas songs, reading Christmas books, baking Christmas cookies... I absolutely LOVE this time of year!!!

Last weekend we spent a good deal of time decking our halls. We put up the Christmas tree:


Notice that the majority of the ornaments are on the bottom half of the tree? That's because Ty was the first to hang all of his ornaments. Matt & I have since hung ours & it is looking a bit more balanced.


Ty got a special treat this year... his own Christmas tree!
I had one in my room when I was little, and I really wanted him to have one too. We wrapped it in some candy cane garland & he hung a few small ornaments on it. It came pre-lit, which is something I LOVE. We turn it on at night when we read Christmas books & he goes to bed. He loves to look at it while he falls asleep.

Did I mention that the dogs did not appreciate all the activity?
Here's Enos, sulking under Matt's chair:
And here's Roscoe sulking under Ty's chair:
We took advantage of what will probably be the last nice day of the season, and put up our outdoor decorations too. The outside is pretty simple, just white lights in the bushes, the white globes and the lighted garland. I need to get a new wreath for the front door... my big red bow was blown away during one gusty night last year. It was getting pretty cold, and this was the best picture I could get without having to drag out the tripod.
Oh, and look! Even my feet have the Christmas spirit!!! This is one of several pairs of Christmas socks I own. (I have socks for all occassions & moods... I love my goofy socks!)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

christmas cheezball.

but I love ya.

even with the holiday cheer oozing out of your ears and all over my screen.

Anonymous said...

Both trees are so beautiful!