We are in full Christmas swing around here... The house is buzzing with excitement. Here's a little bit of what's going on:
- We are spending most of the day working in the basement... again. We still have five walls to build & install, and that is what we will be doing most of our time this weekend and next week (when Matt & I are both off work).
- We are taking some time out for the Christmas festivities, though. Ty will be sleeping over at my dad's tonight while Matt & I go to an Ugly Sweater Party. I will DEFINITELY post photos of this, as I think I may have found the two ugliest holiday sweaters on the planet!
- All of the Christmas shopping is done. I still have to wrap everything, but since we ended up buying a good number of gift cards this year, that shouldn't take long. (I should mention that I usually HATE giving gift cards. I think it's a bit of a cop-out. I prefer to carefully think about the person we're buying for & try to get something they will really love. However, between work, the house, the construction, and being pregnant... we had to go the easiest route this year.)
- The Christmas cards have been mailed. I have mixed feelings about this as well... due to the aforementioned reasons, I bought Christmas cards to mail out this year. I have NEVER done this before. Every year since Matt & I got married (10 years ago) I have made all the Christmas cards - usually it's anywhere from 50-100 of them... I didn't even send them to everyone this year... just to family & our closest friends. And I BOUGHT them. Ugh... what a Christmas slacker I have become!
- The Christmas Knits are NOT done. This is causing me a bit of stress. I still have to sew the handles onto one felted purse and finish one gamma sock. I only have about 3 more inches of foot to knit before doing the toe decreases, and normally I would have no problem getting it done in time... except that we are spending today & tomorrow building walls, and we are going to a party tonight. That's going to suck up a lot of my knitting time.
- There are a few foods left to prepare. Thankfully, we go to other people's homes for all the festivities & I am not hosting any of them. We can't show up empty-handed, though, so I am baking two batches of cookies and making a sausage-cheese dip to go with crackers. I'm excited about the dip because it will be deer sausage that goes into it. I hope it turns out okay... it has a great smokey flavor that goes perfectly with cheese.
Have a great weekend!