Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hustle & Bustle...

I don't have any photos today. I am just popping in while Matt is on a lumber-run to Lowe's.

We are in full Christmas swing around here... The house is buzzing with excitement. Here's a little bit of what's going on:
  • We are spending most of the day working in the basement... again. We still have five walls to build & install, and that is what we will be doing most of our time this weekend and next week (when Matt & I are both off work).
  • We are taking some time out for the Christmas festivities, though. Ty will be sleeping over at my dad's tonight while Matt & I go to an Ugly Sweater Party. I will DEFINITELY post photos of this, as I think I may have found the two ugliest holiday sweaters on the planet!
  • All of the Christmas shopping is done. I still have to wrap everything, but since we ended up buying a good number of gift cards this year, that shouldn't take long. (I should mention that I usually HATE giving gift cards. I think it's a bit of a cop-out. I prefer to carefully think about the person we're buying for & try to get something they will really love. However, between work, the house, the construction, and being pregnant... we had to go the easiest route this year.)
  • The Christmas cards have been mailed. I have mixed feelings about this as well... due to the aforementioned reasons, I bought Christmas cards to mail out this year. I have NEVER done this before. Every year since Matt & I got married (10 years ago) I have made all the Christmas cards - usually it's anywhere from 50-100 of them... I didn't even send them to everyone this year... just to family & our closest friends. And I BOUGHT them. Ugh... what a Christmas slacker I have become!
  • The Christmas Knits are NOT done. This is causing me a bit of stress. I still have to sew the handles onto one felted purse and finish one gamma sock. I only have about 3 more inches of foot to knit before doing the toe decreases, and normally I would have no problem getting it done in time... except that we are spending today & tomorrow building walls, and we are going to a party tonight. That's going to suck up a lot of my knitting time.
  • There are a few foods left to prepare. Thankfully, we go to other people's homes for all the festivities & I am not hosting any of them. We can't show up empty-handed, though, so I am baking two batches of cookies and making a sausage-cheese dip to go with crackers. I'm excited about the dip because it will be deer sausage that goes into it. I hope it turns out okay... it has a great smokey flavor that goes perfectly with cheese.
Well, I think that's all for now. I'm sure there are things to do that I have left off my list, but for the sake of my sanity, it's probably best that those things remain forgotten for now.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Goodness girl, you guys have been busy! Can't wait to see the pics of the finished basement, that's going to be so great for you guys to have the extra room down there. And don't stress yourself about the Christmas cards...at least you SIGNED them, that's a personal touch right there! LOL I know how important your cardmaking is to you, but remember it IS the thought that counts, and the spirit of the season, so rest assured no one is thinking bad about you for not sending handmade cards this year. I'm touched that we were part of the select group that received one this year! =) Besides...think of the gazillion handmade BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS you're gonna have to make! LOL No pressure there, huh? Hang in there...and have FUN!!! It's CHRISTMAS! Love you guys!