Monday, July 9, 2007

How time flies! Unfortunately, my current knitting project is NOT flying. It's the Trinity blanket... still. Now, I should mention that I still L-O-V-E this pattern. It is so much fun to knit, and I'm really not bored with it yet. The thing I am wrestling with is the vortex that all blankets (and large projects) get sucked into. It starts quickly, with a small triangle. You do a few very quick rows and then you get to change sides and colors. Yay!

I've had to change to my circs because there are so many blooming stitches that the straights were getting crowded. And then it got sucked into the Knitting Black Hole. It doesn't help that the needles I'm using are slowing me down (more on that another day). I'm working on it... I swear I am, but it doesn't seem to be getting any larger. I'm beginning to stress that it won't be done in time to greet it's owner when he (or she) is born later this month.
There are other projects going on here. I am doing my five-year-purge of the home office, which is taking a really long time. I run my business from this office & I'm thinking that perhaps a Once-a-Year-Purge would be better.

And, I'm working on a small project for LilMan. It involves some of this:
And some of this:
Notice how intently I'm staring at my machine? That's because I'm not very good at sewing yet & it's a complete challenge just to get the machine threaded. I will persevere, however, and will emerge triumphant!

I'll leave you with a few miscellaneous photos from the yard... and a new purchase I recently made:
The lovely hibiscus:

The exuberant Jack-o-Beans: (These things just go everywhere!)
The first watermelon of the season: (LilMan already wants to pick it!)
And my recent purchase. I love shoes, but don't by new ones nearly as often as I did BC (Before Child). New shoes are always a treat around here.
Happy Knitting!!!




1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow, everything looks great! I'm so jealous of your plants...mine have entered the land of Deadville with the hot weather around here! Love the shoes, VERY retro chic! Can't wait to see the finished blanket and LilMan's project!