Monday, April 2, 2007

A Little of This & a Little of That...

Well, there has been some knitting around these parts. I finished the front of the Veste Evereste and I am confident that I have enought yarn to cable the back as well. I was a little concerned that I would run out (okay, nothing new there) so I knittd the fron first. I thought that if I used up more than half of the yarn in the front then I would have to rib the back. As it turns out, I used less than half of my yarn... this makes me a little nervous because I made the front about three inches longer than the patterns called for.

Oh well, I will just wait & see how it turns out. I've cast on for the back, but havent' put a stitch in it yet.

I was... called away. I couldn't help myself. It was the Siren-Song of that new Yarntini that Heather sent me for Christmas. It is well on its way to becoming a chevron sock. It's beautiful. I am loving this yarn. LOVING iT. I'll post a pic later this week.

The other reason I started a sock in the middle of knitting the Veste? We had our Midwest Region American Music Therapy Conference.

Conference=Knitting.

In this case I did more nervous knitting than bored-knitting. I presented two lectures at this year's conference. One was just one hour of a five hour continuing education course that I gave along with four other music therapists that I work with.

The other one was 90 minutes of me. That's right. It was all me, and it was fun. Well, it was stressful to prepare for, and a little nerve-wracking the first few minutes. I had about 25 people from about five different states (and one from Canada!) in my lecture... all of them there to listen to me.... listen to me say lots of intelligent-sounding stuff. No pressure there.

I think I did alright. I received several nice compliments afterward, and my intern assures me that I didn't say anything dumb or embarrassing. That's good, right?

Anyway, the stress of giving both lectures sent me into a knitting frenzy both mornings and I am almost ready to begin the completely wierd heel for Sock #1. I understand the resaoning for it (it shows off the stripes quite nicely) but after reading through the instructions, I'm not sure I really understand HOW to make it happen. It's a little confusing.

Well, that's it for now. Check back later this week for Yarntini photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how it stripes!

mmmm! fabulous!

So awesome that you got it all done and now we can begin the countdown to sheeps.!!