Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Agony of deFeet


Here lies the Chevron Yarntini sock. She was agood sock; she had lovely stripes.
Unfortunately her stupid forthought/afterthought heel did not have enough give to accommodate my rather tall arches. (And, I had dropped a stitch near the heel that ran like a red T-shirt in a load of white laundry when I tried on the sock-in-progress. )

Sniff. I was over half way to the toe decreases too.

I cast on for a new pattern last night. I use the term "pattern" loosely because this time I am going to attempt to use the Yarn Harlot's sock "recipe" instead of following a specific sock pattern as though it includes directions on how to diffuse a bomb.

We'll see what happens. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! keep on going girl...boss that knitting around. love the title of this post too. hahah

Anonymous said...

Bummer.... maybe you'll ahve better luck next time. That is lovely yarn.

Mary said...

awww...sad face for the disassembled sock. :(

Obsessiondujour said...

One does hate to see such a pretty thing crash & burn to lie in a heaving pile on the floor.

On the upside, your floors look fantastic! Congratulations on a great-looking project.