Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's been a while...

It's been a while since my last post...
But you shouldn't take that to mean that I haven't been knitting... I've just been busy. And, I'm a slow knitter with multiple projects going right now. It's frustrating, but life has intervened and is not allowing me to stick to one project at a time lately. No FO's today, but I will have a couple in the next week or so.
Again this year I made the trek to Maryland for Sheep & Wool. I stayed with my sis, Heather and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, I left my camera sitting on my kitchen table as I rushed out the door to catch my plane. So, I have no photos from the weekend itself. BUT, I have a few photos that I took when I came home.
I was really happy with the restraint I demonstrated in terms of purchases. I bought only one skein of yarn.

Ain't it pretty? It's for a small project that I will write about later...

I also bought these:

Now, you may be asking yourself what exactly I am referring to, because this appears to be a picture of the same sock I've been struggling with for weeks. (Things are not always what they appear... this is actually sock numero two.) But what I actually wanted to show you are the needles this sock is knitted on. See? Two circs. I finally found these after combing S&W and then Heather showed me how to use them for socks. Sock #1 practically flew off the needles after I switched to these babies. Cool.

I also bought a T-shirt and a small messenger bag with this year's logo:

(The shirt was in the laundry, but it's cute!)

I would have liked to get a little more yarn or a fun new tape measure, but something else ate up a bunch of my fiber budget...


Heather and I got our first tattoos together. It was great fun! Go here to see her's. Mine is the Manus Dei (which means "Hand of God"). No, it is not upside down. That's the way it is supposed to look. I will admit that about ten seconds after Raya (our tattoo artist) started I had a mini Oh-Shit moment, but I quickly recovered and am absolutely loving the result!

Well, I suppose that's all I have for today. I want to share a little about how I spent Mother's Day, but that will have to wait for another day.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Lolly said...

I didn't get to see your new tat at the festival, so thanks for showing it off! Very nice!

You are such a good girl only getting one hank!

IndigoMuse said...

Love the tat. The colors are fab. It was so great hanging with you at Sheeps again this year. God willing, I'll see you there again, same bat time, same bat channel.