Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Think of Me...

...at midnight on Easter Sunday.

That is when I will be checking into the hospital to have the baby!!!

I'm still so disappointed that we have to be induced. I really hoped to go into labor on my own, but let's face it: it's not going to happen before Sunday. My doctor really doesn't want us to wait until the 29th (our actual due date) because the baby seems to be so big. We're guesstimating a weight of 9.5-10 pounds. As disappointed as I am about being induced, I'd be panicked/freaked out/reduced to a sobbing, hyperventilating mess if we waited until the 29th & I ended up with a C-section because the baby had grown to over 10 pounds.

I've heard that un-induced labor is a bit easier than medically induced labor. Also, I really, really, really wanted to be able to surprise Matt with a phone call in the middle of the day or an elbow to the ribs in the middle of the night to tell him that I'm in labor. I'm so sad that I'm going to miss out on that excitement.

On the other hand, at least we know we won't miss the Easter festivities (especially for Tyson)... we'll do church and the Easter Bunny stuff in the morning, have a great big lunch with my great big family around 1:00, have Easter dinner with Matt's family around 5:00, and check into the hospital at midnight. My Dr. is convinced that the baby will be born around lunch or dinner on Monday. Of course, he's not had to get me through labor & delivery before. It took us 41 very long hours to get Tyson here. I know second babies tend to go faster, but even with that, we could still be looking at 20 or so hours. Then again, maybe this little guy will be in a hurry & we'll be done in under 12 hours.

Ugh... the unpredictability of this stuff makes my head swim. I need to go knit a bit before I get back to work. I'm not sure if I'll post again before Sunday, since we'll be busy finishing up all the last minute details to prepare for the baby's arrival... but I will definitely be posting some photos next week. Until then, Happy Knitting!!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I will be thinking of you that night...

And I know you're not thrilled with the prospect of things going the way you "want" or "planned" them to go...believe me, I know how that feels. I've dealt with years upon years of it.

Just remember that at the end of no matter what happens...you're bringing home the best thing in the world, you're luckier than a lot of people in that respect. Don't ever forget how lucky you are!

I hope things go smoothly for you! Does this lil guy have a name YET? =)

Jennifer said...

I'll be thinking of you, Kelly!!! Best of luck! Can't wait to see pics of sweet pea! :)