Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Baby Day

Well, we have scheduled an induction for March 24, the day after Easter. (Sorry, Katie... Sweet Pea won't be sharing your birthday or Morgan's...) I'm still hoping to go into labor on my own, but my doctor does not seem very optimistic about it. It's difficult for me to have a situation like this since I am SUCH a control freak. If I could get labor started by the sheer force of my will, then this baby would be here already. Apparently, though, simply willing one's cervix to dilate and thin is not an effective strategy.

Oh well... I guess I have to accept that the only thing I can do (aside from staying active and praying) is to sit back and relax and remember that it's all in God's hands. It'll happen when & how He wants it to, and there's nothing I can do to change that.

So, here's a little fun for a Wednesday evening. I don't usually do these, but Becca tagged me for a meme.

Ten Things You'll NEVER Hear Me Say:
  1. I could totally stay pregnant for a few more months!!!
  2. I love hip hop music; turn it up!
  3. Chocolate? Blech!
  4. Pepsi? Well, I'd rather have a Coke.
  5. I'm tired of knitting.
  6. My husband has amazing fashion sense.
  7. Ooo, I can't wait to write that report!
  8. May I please have some more vegetables???
  9. I don't need to buy any more yarn. I have plenty in my stash.
  10. Change? I love change!!!

And there you have it. I'm going to tag Matt (my hubby) & Katie (my sister) for this one.

In knitting news, I've been working feverishly on Elefante to try & get it finished for Ty before the baby arrives. I set it aside to work on Sweet Pea's blanket a bit today, though, since we still have 12 more days till the induction. I've finished Elefante's legs and body (which have all been stuffed & assembled) and am about half way finished with the head. It's a little creepy; there's a headless elephant sitting on my coffee table at the moment. His legs went on fairly easily, though now that they're all attached, they're a little wonky looking. Thankfully Tyson isn't very picky about this kind of thing.

No comments: