Friday, March 7, 2008

Okay, I've had a few requests for some belly-photos. I looked through our recent photos & was surprised to find that we've only taken one belly photo the entire pregnancy, and it was months & months ago!

SO, okay, here you go. This is me:
Not too bad, right? I mean, you can tell there's a bump, but I look much, much better this time than I did last time (if you didn't see me back then , think Stay-Puff'd Marhmallow Girl). I;m really proud to say that last week, two complete strangers told me that I don't look pregnant from behind at all.

And then... I turn to the side:

Thar She BLows!!!! The bump is huge. In fact, I think it's now too big to be called a "bump," or even a "bulge." It seriously looks like I have stuffed a watermelon up under my shirt. I mean, this thing has reached cartoon proportions.

I bought some new shoes yesterday. I bought them because they are so cute & they are perfect for showing off my growing collection of hand knit socks. The bonus to these new shoes? They are "slip-on's." There are no ties to be tied and no buckles to be buckled. This is awesome right now, since my feet seem to be getting farther and farther away from the rest of my body; I can hardly reach them anymore! It might be a while till I get a photo of the shoes posted, since I can also not easily see my feet anymore.

That's about it for now. Progress has been made on Elefante - I hope to finish the body tonight or tomorrow. And I had some time to work on Sweet Pea's blanket this morning while Tyson was in his kindergarten screeing. I needed some mindless garter stitch knitting so I could keep an eye on how things were going in there. (He did great, by the way!) So, all my projects are coming along. I'm planning to take Sweet Pea's Blanket and a pair of baby socks (still to be cast on) to the hospital with me (if I ever go into labor) so that I have something to knit that is mindless and very rhythmic, and so I have something that takes a little more concentration to maybe get my mind off things for a bit. THat is, if I ever actually go into labor. I know we're at the point where we can say, "Any day now," but my doctor seemed doubtful after the exam the other day.

1 comment:

it's a secret. shhh. said...

I think you look smashing! <3