Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thar She BLows!!!!!

Ugh. I am no longer "cute pregnant." I have passed those proportions and have moved on to "beached whale" proportions. I resemble a turtle on its back whenever I try to get out of bed. I can no longer sit comfortably in many chairs because my belly constantly encroaches on my lap, preventing my legs from bending at the proper angle. I can barely tie my shoes, even my maternity clothes are getting snug and my bladder has apparently shrunk to the size of a snow pea. I haven't slept in months or eaten a "meal" in weeks.

And I still have five. weeks. left. (at least).

I saw the doctor yesterday. He says everything looks good. The baby appears to be head-down. The baby also appears to be big. This is not a huge surprised, since Tyson weighed in at 8 pounds, 14 ounces... two weeks before his due date. Hopefully I am not carrying "Gigantor the Freakishly Hugemongous Baby." The doc doesn't think so. I go back for a visit again in two weeks, and at that time we might get a better idea of how much time we have left. (You know, if the cervix is having a party, then we might have a little less time; if it's still closed up tight then we'll have a little longer.) Either way, the doctor has advised me to be ready for the baby to arrive in two weeks. Um, okay. I'll do my best, but there is still so much to be done.

I don't have any real knitting content to report right now. I've hardly had any time for knitting lately. (Can't you tell? I've been a little crabby lately and am beginning to develop a twitch in my left eye... I am in desperate need of some knitting therapy.)

Unfortunately, preparing for the little guy (who still remains nameless) is taking up all of my time. I have to catch up on paperwork and then prepare data sheets and client profiles for the music therapists who will sub for me while I'm on leave. We are desperately trying to finish the Big Basement Remodel. Currently, we are in the middle of the dry wall putty & sanding phase. It sucks. Matt & I have never done drywall mudding before, so we are really slow at applying it. And sanding is so tedious. Matt finished up the second coat of mud last night; hopefully we can start sanding it tomorrow. We'll have one, maybe two more coats to apply & sand.... and then we still have to paint and lay flooring before we can move the office out of the baby's room and the baby's furniture out of the garage. I've also bee trying to find Tyson's old stuff (clothes, toys, etc) that we packed up & saved. All that stuff has to be washed, dried & put away. I have to finish organizing the phone call & email list, gather the appropriate insurance forms and pack my bag for the hospital.

Add all of this to the everyday stuff that we mothers do (cooking, cleaning, helping with homework & piano practice, showering, brushing our teeth, etc.) and I'm completely overwhelmed. I'm busy from the time I get up in the morning until it's time for me to go to bed at night. Knitting hasn't seemed to fit into most days lately.

When I have found time for my WIPs, I've been mostly working on a pair of baby socks. It's a new knit. I ran out of yarn for Sweet Pea's Blanket & couldn't stand not having something to work on, so I cast on for these little socks. They're just a basic sock pattern, but itty bitty.

Sweet Pea's blanket is coming along as well (okay, it was until I ran out of yellow yarn...) though I'm not sure it'll be finished before the baby arrives. I also still have to assemble the last of the Christmas knits. It's the flock of felted birds that I haven't taken photos of yet. Right now it just looks like some fiber carnage anyway... just some felted bodies, tails & wings, all waiting patiently to be sewn together & shipped to??????

Well, that's about it for tonight. I hope to have the new baby socks completed this weekend, & I'll post photos after that. Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Mary... said...

Prayers for you to have at least one moment of peace, one moment to breathe a day. Take care of yourself and nameless baby.