Thursday, November 1, 2007

You...

...Spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby, right round, round, round...

I am giddy as a school girl! This came in the mail (from the Netherlands)last week:
This was inside:
Despite some really crappy assembly "instructions," I managed to get it to look like this:
Now I just have to learn to use it. Oh, and I think I messed up one little portion of the assembly. I can't get the pedal-thingy to stay attached to the arm-thingy. (The instructions did NOT include the names of the parts of the wheel...) And, I don't really know how to use it. I have some fiber. I have a wheel. Now I just have to learn how to use the wheel to make the fiber into something I can knit with. Does anybody have Rumpelstiltskin's phone number or email address?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am half-finished with a new Christmas Knit. It doesn't look like it from this picture, but I actually finished this sock last Wednesday. I'm calling these the "Concord Socks," because this is grape-harvest season in the Missouri Wine Country, and this yarn is almost the exact color of concord grapes. This was my fastest sock yet... completed in about 8 days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a great Halloween yesterday. Tyson had fun at his preschool party, and loved going trick-or-treating last night. He was pretty shy at first, but after he received a few pieces of candy for his efforts, he was crazy with the doorbell ringing! (Check out that puppy dog costume... sewed by yours truly...)

We also had a great time camping over the weekend. I took the camera, but like a dope, ended up leaving it in the car all weekend, so no pictures. Ty got to go trick-or-treating around the camp ground and ended up FILLING up his pumpkin bucket. He has more than enough candy to last his until Easter... provided I can keep Hubby from raiding it when Ty's not looking.

Oh, and we will hopefully find out if Sweet Pea is a boy or a girl next Friday (Nov. 9)!!! I am COUNTING THE DAYS...

3 comments:

Heather said...

wooo! wowie...Love the wheel. Send an email to Tanya to see if she knows what to do... also louet can help!

Matt Fagala said...

I can't resist the candy...besides one kid shouldn't be burdened with eating all that candy by himself ;-)

REBECCA said...

Wow! That looks...incredibly complicated! Good luck figuring it out, and good luck with the upcoming ultrasound.