Monday, June 30, 2008

A New Toy

Yay! Mommy just put a new toy in my hand. (I'm so glad I've begun to discover that I have hands...)
Hmmm... Now what can I do with this thing?
I wonder what it tastes like. Hmmm. Not bad!
Oh, what the heck. I can eat it!!!!!
Ty: Mom, Riley's doing it wrong. He' not supposed to eat his toys!

Mom: Well, actually, Ty, that's what babies do with their toys. They're like puppies. They
chew and slobber all over pretty much everything they can get their hands on.

Ty: (shaking his head) That's so silly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I'm so painfully close to finishing Sweet Pea's blanket. I have 11 more rows and 2 bind off's to go... and I ran out of yarn. Again. Darn that foam doughnut!!!!!!

I also unearthed Veste Evereste to see how much more I have to do. I couldn't remember because I put it down a year ago. I have decided to finish it for the UFOlympics, and I was afraid I had too much to knit in order to finish it during the Olympics. Turns out, it's not so bad. I've got the front finished & almost half of the back done. AND, even better, I actually wrote down exactly which row I left off on. So, maybe I will be able to get it finished!!! Yay for me!!!

I'm also pretty close to finishing the body of a felted purse. I'm waiting to see how much yarn is left before I decide whether to knit miles of i-cord or to use something else, like a ribbon or something for the handles.

It's been months since I finished anything! I need to get something off the needles! Waa! The problem is that my knitting time is spread too thin. I'm knitting & knitting, and making small amounts of progress on lots of projects. I read the blogs of knitter who have 3,4,7,10 UFO's and I honestly don't know how they do it. They are stronger knitters than I. Ugh. This is why I am a 1-project-knitter. I'm in over my knitterly head.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I LOVE the tongue sticking out shot...priceless! And those dimples, and his eyes! Ty's gotten so big, and is as adorable as ever! You truly do make some cute kiddos! You're a lucky Mommy that's for sure!