Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Monday

Today is the last Monday of my maternity leave. I can't believe it's almost over already. Oh, and I can't believe how quickly Riley is growing!!! Look at this:
Just yesterday he was so small he looked lost in this cradle. Now he's almost too big for it. When he's awake at night I can hear him thumping the sides with his hands and feet. *Sniff*

I was shocked last week to receive my first ever knitted-item-request from Matt. My husband does not really care for knitted items. He hates sweaters because they are too hot. Ditto with wool socks. He doesn't wear a hat for most of the winter, and when he does it's his St. Louis Blues hat. He doesn't like the feeling of something wrapped around his neck, so scarves are out too. So imagine how surprised I was when he asked if I had time to knit something for him.

It was a quick knit too:

He wanted a case for his IPod Touch. I found a few free patterns online, but none I was in love with, so I just made up the pattern on my own.
The only modification that needs to be made is that I need to add a tab to keep it in there. The iPod Touch is pretty slippery.

~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday, Ty spent the day doing this:

He's started playing outside with the neighbors' kids. I suspect that he has a bit of a crush on this particular neighbor.

I took advantage of the nice weather to plant a bunch of flowers. Then today, we had a storm. It brought hail. It brough hail for about 10 minutes. It wasn't big hail, about the size of a pea, but it made all my flowers droopy and sad looking.
Poor, sad petunias. Oh, and the couple of houseplants that I moved outside yesterday were really sad. Now tonight we have a frost warning. I hope everything survives.

No comments: