Sunday, November 9, 2008

What Weekend?

Phew! I can't believe it's already Sunday night. What happened to the weekend? I'll tell ya what didn't happend this weekend: knitting.

I had lots of time to knit on Saturday... I just didn't feel like it. I've stalled on my current WIP. I thought it would be a relatively quick knit, but it's taking a long time. And, I'm not sure I like it as much as I initially did.

On Saturday, we took a road trip to the other side of nowhere. Matt, my Dad & I went out to the "Deer Woods" to clean up the campsite before deer season. We go down the weekend before to clear the brush, rake away the leaves, gather fire wood, etc. Then we eat lunch and shoot some guns for a while. After having been put away for a year, it's important to be sure that the hunting rifles are sighted in correctly. Also, it's fun to shoot at paper targets and empty cans.

Unfortunately, this was the closest I will get to deer hunting this year. I'm sitting this year out because I'm not sure that Riley (who is barely 7 months old) is ready for a sleepover yet. He would have to spend two nights with grandparents, and we don't have good cell service in the Deer Woods. Also, I'm still nursing him, and a weekend of deer hunting would mean pumping breastmilk while sitting in the tree in 30 degree temperatures.

Today I spent the day baby-proofing the house. Riley started crawling last Thursday. It didn't take him long to get the hang of it, and now that he's mastered it, he's all over the place! I can't believe he's mobile already. Ty didn't crawl, and didn't start walking until he was almost 16 months old so this mobile-baby stuff is new for us.

And that's it. That brings us to Sunday night and me, sitting on my living room floor wondering what happened to the weekend. Sigh.

No comments: